Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving Mantel

We love Thanksgiving in this house! We never skip over the poor little holiday. There is plenty of time to enjoy Christmas so we take all of November to celebrate Thanksgiving (and my birthday, whoop whoop!). This Thanksgiving is the first in our new home so we actually have a fireplace and mantel to decorate.
J and I took the dogs for our usual hike through the woods and I couldn't help but get so excited with all of the beautiful fall colors. So I snagged a leaf or twenty two (haha!) and put them in some frames that I had around the house. I also saw some of the largest acorns I have ever seen so of course I started hoarding them in my pockets with my mantel in mind. Jimbo helped out too because he loves me even though I'm ridiculous :)
I also made a framed "Thankful" sign. I just used a frame I already had, some burlap, stencils, and red paint. It's simple, but cute. Everything else I already owned so this project was really cheap! Here is my simple and "thankful" mantel!










Sorry for the poor lighting. I'm only home when it's dark outside haha! I just love this mantel because it includes things from our first fall here in North Carolina in our new home. I can't wait to celebrate Thanksgiving with our families!

1 comment:

  1. How creative and festive! I must remember this for next year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...