I just wanted to do a quick update on my new job! Last Wednesday I went to Cape Fear Valley Hospital for four interviews!! It was overwhelming and exciting all at the same time. The first one was for a Nephrology floor (kidneys, dialysis, etc. for all you non medical people :) ). The interview went great! The manager was so nice and gave me a tour of the floor and talked to me, rather than drilled me with awkward questions like I have experienced in the past. After the interview was over, she walked me down to the cafeteria because I had about 45 minutes until my next interview. She even gave me a voucher for a free lunch! How awesome is she!? So I ate my free lunch and headed back to the lobby to meet the nursing recruiter.
The nursing recruiter informed me that the nephrology manager had already called her and offered me a position! Yay!! I felt great going into the rest of the interviews knowing that I already had an offer to fall back on if need be. The next interview was with a general rehab floor (stroke victims, hip and knee replacements, etc). That manager was so nice as well! I got so lucky! She also offered me a position :)
The last two were for a pediatric ICU and labor and delivery. I would have loved to work on either of those floors, but they only needed night nurses. I am not the type of person who can do nights and then be a day person on my days off. The rehab floor included day and evening shifts rotated each week. I value my time with Jimbo so much. We have a lot of time apart in our near future so my biggest concern was to maximize my time with him now. So ultimately I chose and accepted the offer for the nephrology floor!! I am so excited and nervous to start on this floor. I have a little bit of background in urology so I am hoping that will help me in the learning process. I am just so thankful to have a nursing opportunity in a setting that I can develop my skills rather than the world of psych nursing that I was apart of before. Wish me luck as I start my new job and I will be back with updates as they come! Hope everyone has a great rest of the week :)
Shayna
ReplyDeleteI am really excited for you and your new job. You will only get better at your nursing skills and add to your education.
I don't blame you a bit about not taking the night shift, I had to work nights before for 8 months and it about killed me, it's very hard on your physical body.
Good luck with everything, and who could resist you and your beautiful smile and charming personality.
Margaret
YES! thats awesome! I agree with Margaret I would hire you in a second for anything! :) When do you start? Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDelete