Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

President's Day Weekend!

Thanks to President's Day, Jimbo had a four-day weekend!! We spent it doing some fun outdoorsy activities since it was such beautiful weather. We went fishing on post where Bo learned to swim, Buck soaked up some sun like the sun-goddess he is haha, Jimbo caught a bass, and I cleaned out the weeds from the bottom of the lake :) Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of this because it was a muddy mess down by the lake and once I was down there, I stayed there til the end.
We also went shooting at the range! Jimbo showed me again how to shoot his gun and our friend let me shoot his M&P and 1911. It was really fun and Jimbo said I did a good job! Maybe he was just being nice. But all of the bullets hit the target! I didn't get any pictures of this either...I keep forgetting to bring my camera!
On Saturday, we went up to Stone Mountain Park, GA where we hiked/walked up the 1.3 mile trail to the top of the mountain. This is what the trail was like most of the way:

 It was beautiful! You could see the Atlanta and Buckhead skyline...
Janette and Bill met us there and hiked with us :)


Views from the top...


On the side of the mountain, there is a carving of Confederate President Jefferson Davis, General Robert E. Lee and Lt. General Thomas Stonewall Jackson. It's pretty awesome! The carving is about 3 acres total. 

Overall, we had a great, relaxing weekend! I am so thankful for four-day weekends!!! :) Hope y'all had a great weekend too!

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! I want to go to that park! Thanks for posting pics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...