Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Catching up...

Welcome to our new blog! We (mostly me) decided to make this to keep everyone updated on our lives while we're living far away. Everyone says a blog is the way to go, so I'll give it a shot! I thought I would catch everyone up on what has happened since our wedding...
We went on our honeymoon in Whitehouse, Jamaica. It was the most amazing, relaxing and terrifying experience all at the same time. Jimbo somehow talked me into going scuba diving since he already had his license. This was the terrifying part since I have a HUGE fear of deep water. He went down to the lobby to pay for the excursion alone and when he comes back, he breaks the news to me that he paid for me to get my license...WHAT!? That meant four dives. Awesome. After it was all said and done, I had a blast and we have so many hilarious memories from the experience that I wouldn't trade for the world. On the last dive, we had to go separately and this is when I got the idea to touch a fish, but when I saw my instructor nearby, I decided it was best not to and just swam over it. When we all got back to the boat, I told Jimbo about the fish and as I explained what the fish looked like, his eyes got big and he said "That was a lion fish babe!" They're super poisonous...oops :) 

After we returned to Florida, we got a puppy named Buck...
Then we started our move to Fort Benning, Georgia and got our first home :)

We've met a lot of great friends here at Benning and have had some fun times!!!



We also got Buck a friend named Bo.
We were able to get a new car!! We are so thankful for a new, reliable car for all of the traveling we do now.
2010 Ford Edge

And more recently, Jimbo graduated the 16 week long course called Infantry Basic Officer Leadership Course. They did ruck marches, land navigation, shot guns, etc. Now he has earned his Blue Cord. I am so proud of my husband!
You can see the Blue Cord on his right shoulder
I'm so sorry for the looong post, but now everyone is caught up on our past 8 months or so. I hope to keep up with this blogging thing :) Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...