Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Our Baby!!

This is our story about our baby :)

We found out that we were going to have a baby on Wednesday, February 20! I had taken a test earlier in the weekend, but it hadn't picked up on the Hcg yet. So when this test started showing a faint pink line, I had to do a double take and questioned my eyesight! I immediately ran downstairs to tell Jimbo (who had just walked in the door from work). I was yelling "Babe! Babe!" and he wasn't answering. I knew he was hiding to scare me (as he does almost everyday haha). I then yelled "Not now, babe! I have to show you something!" And of course he pops his head out and was ready to see what it was that I had to show him.

I said "I think I'm pregnant!" He said "You think?" I wasn't 100% sure because the line was a faint pink, but it slowly got darker after a few minutes had passed. We went out to dinner to celebrate and so that we could buy more pregnancy tests while we were out. I wanted the kind of test that clearly says "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant" so that we could be sure.

We came home and I took another test that confirmed it...Pregnant!





We waited until Easter weekend to tell our families. We wanted to tell them in person and Easter weekend was the perfect time. We drove down to Florida on Friday. We first met up with Jimbo's mom in Jax for lunch to share the big news. She knew something was up right away and immediately asked "Are you pregnant?!" haha it was hilarious! She anticipated that I'd say yes and brought a little gift for the baby!!


We then drove to my parent's house. We arrived before my parents got home from work so we had to wait a few hours for everyone to get there. It seemed like time was dragging! Finally, everyone was in one place at the same time! We shared the news with them and everyone was so excited! 

The next day, we were invited to an Easter celebration at Jimbo's grandparents. We were able to share the news with Jimbo's sister while we were there and then of course his grandparents and extended family! Again, everyone was so happy and we had a great time celebrating!

The baby received so much love that weekend! My sister Kayleigh got the baby his/her first Gator gear!!


My parents picked out the most perfect little Easter basket for the babe.


It was such an amazing weekend filled with so much love and excitement! I can already tell this is going to be one spoiled little baby!! It is the first grandchild on both sides of the family so there's going to be a lot of first's for us all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...