Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Busy Bee

I haven't posted anything in what seems like forever! I knew I'd start neglecting this little blog, haha!

Since I started working last month, I have been working full-time hours and taking classes in between. And of course studying at home. I am a little crazy and always go over and beyond when I study because I like to feel prepared. I am getting used to a new patient population and also a new hospital with new charting and medication systems. It's all kind of overwhelming, but it will all come with time. I am already taking a few patients on my own so I will be completely on my own (and off of orientation) soon. I love that I am feeling like a nurse again!! I get such joy from helping my patients feel better, even if it is just tracking down a turkey sandwich just for them :) The patients always seem to know just the right thing to say. Whenever I feel slightly lost or frantic, they say something so nice and it makes it all worth it. I had the cutest little old lady and her even cuter little old husband tell me that I was the sweetest nurse the other day. It was wonderful to hear :)

Funny part about this hospital is that each profession is assigned certain color scrubs to wear and nursing just happens to be royal blue and white. Yes, the same stinkin' blue I had to wear for nursing school. They called us the smurfs when we would go to the hospital for clinicals. When I graduated, I donated all of my scrubs and said "I will never wear blue again." Oops, never say never. So, here I am wearing blue everyday:

Anyway, I am so thankful for a job and so far I love it! Except for the nasty cold I have been given from my lovely co-workers, haha! Everyone is sick!! 
P.S. I'm also loving this fall weather! It feels amazing outside! Y'all are more than welcome to come visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...